The Student Room Group

Could I go back to school for year 11

I’ve been homeschooled since year 6 and it’s negatively impacted my life. I really want to be able to take my GCSEs next year and I’ve been spending most of my days studying (Maths, English, science and history mostly) but the issue is my Mum thinks that it’s too late for me to go back to school, I think my Dad would let me though.

I have no friends either and I can’t go to college until next September so I’m stuck in all day which is another reason why I’d like to return. I’m so desperate to start school in year 11 but I don’t know if it is too late, what do you guys think?
Reply 1
Original post by lucyswillow
I’ve been homeschooled since year 6 and it’s negatively impacted my life. I really want to be able to take my GCSEs next year and I’ve been spending most of my days studying (Maths, English, science and history mostly) but the issue is my Mum thinks that it’s too late for me to go back to school, I think my Dad would let me though.

I have no friends either and I can’t go to college until next September so I’m stuck in all day which is another reason why I’d like to return. I’m so desperate to start school in year 11 but I don’t know if it is too late, what do you guys think?

How old are you?
You're going to struggle going back to school just for Year 11, as in schools GCSE content is studied over two years (10 & 11), so you'll have missed half the content.

Are you not going to be taking any I/GCSEs privately as a home ed candidate?

There are plenty of home ed groups and clubs and meet ups that you could attend to meet new people.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
You're going to struggle going back to school just for Year 11, as in schools GCSE content is studied over two years (10 & 11), so you'll have missed half the content

Are you not going to be taking any I/GCSEs privately as a home ed candidate?

There are plenty of home ed groups and clubs and meet ups that you could attend to meet new people.

My parents aren’t willing to pay for me to take any GCSEs but I’ll be going to college when I’m sixteen and I can take my maths and english there but I really want to study History and they don’t offer that at any colleges around me

I go to an art group every Tuesday but that’s it there really is nothing going on in my area so I don’t get an opportunity to meet new people. All the groups happen in other times and my Dad has to take the car to work so my Mum can’t take me. (It’s too long of a ride on the bus)
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
How old are you?

I’m 14 but I turn 15 in July
Reply 5
Original post by lucyswillow
I’m 14 but I turn 15 in July

If you are nearly 15 you should be able to. However, it might be worth looking to see if a school would let you join Year 10 so you have a better shot at your GCSEs.

Quick Reply

Latest