The Student Room Group

GCSE revision year next year

Hey guys,
I am going into year 11 next year so will have to revise a lot in preparation for my GCSE’s that year.
I am planning on looking through all my schoolbooks when I get back from school on schooldays to refresh my memory on week days but please could you give me some further advice on how I can revise for each of my subjects
Schoolbooks are useful notes, but, in my opinion at least, rereading them is a very passive form of revision. By this, I mean that we want to do active revision (e.g flash cards) so we remember the content better.

If you could provide subjects I could provide more tailored advice, but I would recommend looking into flash cards, past papers, blurting, YouTube videos (for the unique advice) and creating a retrospective revision timetable.

I can provide links if necessary.
Reply 2
Original post by Aloysius O'Hare
Schoolbooks are useful notes, but, in my opinion at least, rereading them is a very passive form of revision. By this, I mean that we want to do active revision (e.g flash cards) so we remember the content better.

If you could provide subjects I could provide more tailored advice, but I would recommend looking into flash cards, past papers, blurting, YouTube videos (for the unique advice) and creating a retrospective revision timetable.

I can provide links if necessary.

Yes please send some links
Hi - I’m on holiday at the moment but I’ll send links when I get back. It would be helpful if you gave me a list of your subjects.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending