The Student Room Group

Am I gonna get reported?

So I finished my maths paper 30 minutes early after checking it all through and answering all questions. I asked the invigilator if I could leave as the exam regulations state I could leave after an hour of the starting time of the exam. They all said no as they weren’t aware of this rule so they got the exams officer. She said something on the terms of school rules override exam regulations and that if I were to phone the exam board, they would support her decision or something. She also said that my asking to leave the exam will be reported to the exam board and it could become malpractice. Can I really get in trouble for that? I only asked to do that as I had a clash exam 10 minutes after my maths paper so I was really annoyed that I had to spend the rest of my time in silence when I could have revised.
Reply 1
Original post by spiral22
So I finished my maths paper 30 minutes early after checking it all through and answering all questions. I asked the invigilator if I could leave as the exam regulations state I could leave after an hour of the starting time of the exam. They all said no as they weren’t aware of this rule so they got the exams officer. She said something on the terms of school rules override exam regulations and that if I were to phone the exam board, they would support her decision or something. She also said that my asking to leave the exam will be reported to the exam board and it could become malpractice. Can I really get in trouble for that? I only asked to do that as I had a clash exam 10 minutes after my maths paper so I was really annoyed that I had to spend the rest of my time in silence when I could have revised.

Don't worry, there is no chance that you will get reported for malpractice. If that's what the regulations state then you are all fine, however, it makes seance that the invigilators wouldn't let you if they 'override' the regulations. Again, don't worry, you will not be penalised!

Quick Reply

Latest