The Student Room Group

Law 2024- predicted grades

Hi guys,
I’m currently in year 13 and I want to apply study to law (2024), but my predicted grades are quite low compared to the university grade requirements that are typically A*AA. My predicted grades are ABB but I think I could potentially get them to A*AB. Are contextual offers commonly given out? Because I fit the criteria for post code and high school so how likely am I to get a lowered offer and how much do you guys think it would be lowered from the typical offers of A*AA?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Basyxzz
Hi guys,
I’m currently in year 13 and I want to apply study to law (2024), but my predicted grades are quite low compared to the university grade requirements that are typically A*AA. My predicted grades are ABB but I think I could potentially get them to A*AB. Are contextual offers commonly given out? Because I fit the criteria for post code and high school so how likely am I to get a lowered offer and how much do you guys think it would be lowered from the typical offers of A*AA?

There is not a quota or limit on the number of contextual offers that universities give (compared to the number of standard offers they give). If, by some weird fluke, all applicants to a particular university were contextual applicants one year, then all offers would be contextual offers.

You would need to check each uni's web site to see what impact contextual offers have on grade requirements. It's typically one grade, but is occasionally two.

The same goes for the contextual conditions themselves, as different universities use different rules to establish whether a candidate is contextual or not.
Reply 2
Original post by Basyxzz
Hi guys,

Heyy, I've also applied for Law 2024 and I've just received an offer from Exeter which was contextual(I wasn't expecting it because I didn't think I fitted in any critera) nonetheless I am predicted A*A*A .I think just to be safe apply to a uni that has the grades that are u are predicted because contextual offers are still competitive. But don't be deterred from trying the unis with higher grade requirements just be realistic.<3
Original post by Victoria.L
Heyy, I've also applied for Law 2024 and I've just received an offer from Exeter which was contextual(I wasn't expecting it because I didn't think I fitted in any critera) nonetheless I am predicted A*A*A .I think just to be safe apply to a uni that has the grades that are u are predicted because contextual offers are still competitive. But don't be deterred from trying the unis with higher grade requirements just be realistic.<3

What is your offer and what a levels do you do?
Reply 4
Original post by citystudent41212
What is your offer and what a levels do you do?

AAB and I do sociology,biology,spanish
AAB and I do sociology,biology,spanish

Sry if this is personal, but do you go state or private. I saw you talked about contextual. I have extra circumstances but not sure if i would qualify for a contextual.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by citystudent41212
Sry if this is personal, but do you go state or private. I saw you talked about contextual. I have extra circumstances but not sure if i would qualify for a contextual.

I go to a state school but it is selective.

Hi, if you don't mind me asking what gcses did you get, do they matter as much in your opinion? I'm in year 12 and am an aspiring law student as well, also do you think the higher the grades you get the better chance in terms of a level grades? or do you just need to meet the requirements for a offer?
Reply 8
Original post by Jakeclarke
Hi, if you don't mind me asking what gcses did you get, do they matter as much in your opinion? I'm in year 12 and am an aspiring law student as well, also do you think the higher the grades you get the better chance in terms of a level grades? or do you just need to meet the requirements for a offer?

I got 5 9’s 5 8’s and one 7. I think baseline u need to get the required grades. Having 3 or 2 A*’s might make your application more strong as universities are looking for those with the most academic potential. However, if u have an amazing personal statement and have the grades that meet the requirement I see no reason why they wouldn’t take u .x hope this helps
I got 5 9’s 5 8’s and one 7. I think baseline u need to get the required grades. Having 3 or 2 A*’s might make your application more strong as universities are looking for those with the most academic potential. However, if u have an amazing personal statement and have the grades that meet the requirement I see no reason why they wouldn’t take u .x hope this helps

thank you so much
Hi!!

I'm also year 13 wanting to apply fit for law at Nottingham, UEA, LSE UCL and City of London but my predicted grades are AAA and I'm not eligible for contextual offers but I do have mitigating circumstances as I missed 3 months of year 12 due to major surgery

Do you think it's likely I'll get offers?

I would appreciate any advice
Reply 11
Hello, everyone!
I was wondering if there is anyone here who has received law con-offers despite primarily studying science A-Level subjects along with economics?
Original post by elliexmae.x
Hi!!

I'm also year 13 wanting to apply fit for law at Nottingham, UEA, LSE UCL and City of London but my predicted grades are AAA and I'm not eligible for contextual offers but I do have mitigating circumstances as I missed 3 months of year 12 due to major surgery

Do you think it's likely I'll get offers?

I would appreciate any advice

honeslty just email the admissions office to the unis ur applying I think they’ll give u the most helpful advice x
HELP!!!

I am so stressed my predicted grades are actually AAB not AAA but Nottingham requires A*AA. I do have extenuating circumstances though and a disability if that counts for anything! do you still think its worth applying as Nottingham is my top choice :frown: there's a chance I could try and persuade my B in English to be upped to an A but still I'm just praying
Applied for:
LLB Law

Predicted:
AAA

Offers from:
Nottingham (Reduced to AAA)
Exeter (Reduced to ABB)
UEA (Standard offer at AAB)

Waiting for:
Leeds (Typical A*AA)
York (Typical AAA)
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by jobb11
Hello, everyone!
I was wondering if there is anyone here who has received law con-offers despite primarily studying science A-Level subjects along with economics?

I do bio, chem and psych and I’ve got 2/5 offers so far Southampton and reading

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending