The Student Room Group

Terrified for exams- kinda a rant

My whole time at college has been a nightmare. First year could have gone worse- I had one good teacher but the other was straight up mean, my anxiety was sky high constantly but I did have a couple of friends. Second year was so much worse than that. Started off this year fine but then both my teachers left, meaning I was (and still am) stuck with substitute teachers who aren't qualified to teach what they are.

I've done 2 exams out of 6 so far- sociology went fine and history I totally failed. I've been revising every day for about a month and still don't feel prepared for the other 4. I can kinda redeem myself with history since there's another paper but I doubt I will. Now isnt the time to have my confidence drop and anxiety spike, but they are. I'm trying my best not to overthink it and stay positive but it's kinda hard not to when the realistic outcome isn't really a good one.

To anyone doing exams right now, wish you good luck. If you feel similar to me, we're in it together at least :smile:
Reply 1
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a tough time in college. It sounds like you've been through a lot, and it's understandable that you're feeling anxious and stressed. But wish you good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest