The Student Room Group

I can't stop overthinking about a-levels

I recently did my paper 1 psychology a level and I literally cannot stop thinking about how bad it went, and its really starting to impact my motivation to revise for the other papers because im so stressed and the stakes are much higher for those papers so I can redeem myself. I NEED to get an A* and I feel like I dont ill disappoint my parents.

Not only that, ive sacrificed so much for my grades (like I have no social life) and ive done so well in yr12/13 (like always getting As and A*s) and I feel like ive just ruined my chances with paper 1.

the issue is that I cant even pinpoint what went bad, I just have a feeling it went bad.
Reply 1
Hey, hope you're ok :smile: Don't dwell on it too much and look forward, there's nothing you can do about paper 1 now so focus on the next two papers. You have lots of time to revise for paper 2 and the whole of half term to revise for paper 3 and those will help you bump up your grade. Don't stress about the opinions of others such as disappointing your parents the only person you should want to do well for is yourself. And considering you usually get A's and A*'s you've probably done so much better than you think you have :biggrin:
Original post by oxfordthrowaway
I recently did my paper 1 psychology a level and I literally cannot stop thinking about how bad it went, and its really starting to impact my motivation to revise for the other papers because im so stressed and the stakes are much higher for those papers so I can redeem myself. I NEED to get an A* and I feel like I dont ill disappoint my parents.

Not only that, ive sacrificed so much for my grades (like I have no social life) and ive done so well in yr12/13 (like always getting As and A*s) and I feel like ive just ruined my chances with paper 1

the issue is that I cant even pinpoint what went bad, I just have a feeling it went bad.

Hey honestly dont overthink it too much and stress. I doubt it went as badly as you think, considering your an A/A* student, your mind might just be playing tricks on you bc the volume of pressure you have put on yourself. Try to relax for a bit so that you can take your mind off from psyhology or go outside for a walk. In understand it can be difficult to stop overthinking about your pyshology paper but please dont lose hope. You seem like a hardworking person, so you can do this!!

Good luck for your summer exams

Quick Reply

Latest