The Student Room Group

Resting GCSEs

Hi guys
So my teachers forced me to do foundation paper for science and maths even though I tried to convince them and got my parents involved however they still made. Me do foundation paper...
Can I tell them in the day that we get our grades that I think I got higher grade than that and try higher paper or is there anything else I could do to sit the higher paper before September
I'm gonna cry cause I can't do the alevel I want with grade 5
Reply 1
I don't think telling them on the day will make a difference as at that point, it's out of their control and you'd have to wait again to sit the higher paper. I think you could appeal but if you already got a 5 then it won't make a difference. I think sitting the higher papers externally is an option, so you will end up actually achieving the higher grade that you want. Idk, I'm thinking about students who are home schooled. I know they can sit it at another school or at a test centre.
There isn't another sitting before September. Your earliest possibility for a resit would be November.
Original post by lioness777
I don't think telling them on the day will make a difference as at that point, it's out of their control and you'd have to wait again to sit the higher paper. I think you could appeal but if you already got a 5 then it won't make a difference. I think sitting the higher papers externally is an option, so you will end up actually achieving the higher grade that you want. Idk, I'm thinking about students who are home schooled. I know they can sit it at another school or at a test centre.

Even home educated kids can only take exams during exam seasons.

Quick Reply

Latest