The Student Room Group

grades for oxbridge?

i wanna go to oxbridge and i see people saying all 9s and 8s but they are quite outdated (the newest one I found still says A* and A).
anyone have any ideas?
Original post by a2ron
i wanna go to oxbridge and i see people saying all 9s and 8s but they are quite outdated (the newest one I found still says A* and A).
anyone have any ideas?

Typically 80% of grades must be A* and the rest As. My friend got into Cambridge law a B in GCSE art so I guess they might make exceptions?
Reply 2
Original post by a2ron
anyone have any ideas?

hi! it depends on what subject you're applying for; medicine, for example, can be stricter about GCSE results. i was worried about my GCSE results (9988887766) but got an interview this year for experimental psychology at oxford which is a very competitive course. if you are worried about you're GCSEs, i would just say go for it - they look at applications holistically and if they like other parts of your application, a mediocre GCSE performance won't matter! hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest