The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough university diversity

Is Loughborough uni diverse? Thinking of insuring lboro but I’m not sure as I don’t know what it’s like socially . Is there good nightlife etc I don’t need it to be extortionate just calm lol. Diversity’s really important for me as I’m south Asian and it’s be nice to have other people who are like me around too. Thanks !
Reply 1
When i went there was loads of pride flags around so i'd say yeah, it's pretty diverse, they seemed very accepting :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Anonymous
Is Loughborough uni diverse? Thinking of insuring lboro but I’m not sure as I don’t know what it’s like socially . Is there good nightlife etc I don’t need it to be extortionate just calm lol. Diversity’s really important for me as I’m south Asian and it’s be nice to have other people who are like me around too. Thanks !

Hi there,

It's great to hear from you! I wanted to link you to some pages which I think may be of interest to you:

- Loughborough Students' Union Welfare and Diversity page
- Loughborough Students' Union societies list
- International Students' Network

It may be helpful to explore student stories from our international students and our international website too.

Furthermore, you could take more of a look at the location of Loughborough. Loughborough is a market town in the East Midlands, so it may suit you more than a university in a city would.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please do let me know :smile:

- Lindsay
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi there,

It's great to hear from you! I wanted to link you to some pages which I think may be of interest to you:

- Loughborough Students' Union Welfare and Diversity page
- Loughborough Students' Union societies list
- International Students' Network

It may be helpful to explore student stories from our international students and our international website too.

Furthermore, you could take more of a look at the location of Loughborough. Loughborough is a market town in the East Midlands, so it may suit you more than a university in a city would.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please do let me know :smile:

- Lindsay

Thank you that info was very useful x how many Indian / south Asian people do you think there are? Is it enough so you don’t feel like a minority? Is there anyone who currently attends that could about this ? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you that info was very useful x how many Indian / south Asian people do you think there are? Is it enough so you don’t feel like a minority? Is there anyone who currently attends that could about this ? Thanks

Hi there,

Great to hear from you :smile:

I would email [email protected] with your question. They will be able to advise you best and can speak to you more about Loughborough too :smile:

- Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending