The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

PPE offers?

Hi

I’m considering applying to Edinburgh for PPE this autumn. I’m an A*/A grade RUK student and am hoping my UCAS grades will be heavy on A*s.

If my PS is strong, are my chances still v low for an offer? I’m state-educated, non-contextual. Has anyone else got offers in similar circumstances?
Thank you!
Reply 1
the standard offer is a*aa for a level, so if you have heavy a* predicteds and a strong personal statement that’s your best chance of an offer!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by rwnsl
the standard offer is a*aa for a level, so if you have heavy a* predicteds and a strong personal statement that’s your best chance of an offer!

Thank you!

I’ve read that it’s so competitive that you could need 3* predicted for an offer, hence my pragmatism. If anyone has a PPE offer, can they pls give their predicted grades.
Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

I’m considering applying to Edinburgh for PPE this autumn. I’m an A*/A grade RUK student and am hoping my UCAS grades will be heavy on A*s.

If my PS is strong, are my chances still v low for an offer? I’m state-educated, non-contextual. Has anyone else got offers in similar circumstances?
Thank you!

Hard to say what your chances are but, from having applied to Edinburgh this year, be prepared that you may have to wait a long, long time, i.e. late April/early May for a response from them.

The slowest university, with Durham a close second, in terms of responding to applicants for applicants applying for 2023 entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending