The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

PPE at ucl??

Hi, does anyone have any thoughts on applying to PPE at UCL (contextual offer being A* in maths then B,B in the other two subjects) with predicted grades ABB. I am really confident that I can get an A* and also have extenuating circumstances in my reference + a bursary, might I be considered ????

Thanks
Original post by readerz
Hi, does anyone have any thoughts on applying to PPE at UCL (contextual offer being A* in maths then B,B in the other two subjects) with predicted grades ABB. I am really confident that I can get an A* and also have extenuating circumstances in my reference + a bursary, might I be considered ????

Thanks

Hi there! I am not applying as a contextual applicant and hence can't necessarily speak from experience. However, given you are most probably going to be considered contextual, you may want to have that A* in your pocket if you don't already have it. I'm an int student and can't speak too much on behalf of the system, but I am a PPE applicant who, besides not qualifying for contextual applications, tried my very best to get grades above the normal conditional offers. Perhaps you'd want to have, on that note, an A* so you'd feel secure about your application. However, I'm just a regular PPE applicant so you'd probably find more utility with some home students answering this questions. Cheers!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Omg I'm kinda in a similar boat. I'm predicted A*A*AB (an the A is in maths not an A*). My gcses are average but due to my illnesses. I'm scared I won't even be considered or even given an offer (but atheist I've tried ig) Please could you tell me anything if you find out? Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there! I am not applying as a contextual applicant and hence can't necessarily speak from experience. However, given you are most probably going to be considered contextual, you may want to have that A* in your pocket if you don't already have it. I'm an int student and can't speak too much on behalf of the system, but I am a PPE applicant who, besides not qualifying for contextual applications, tried my very best to get grades above the normal conditional offers. Perhaps you'd want to have, on that note, an A* so you'd feel secure about your application. However, I'm just a regular PPE applicant so you'd probably find more utility with some home students answering this questions. Cheers!

Hi thanks for your reply, as I dont meet those requirements I have since switched to a different course so hopefully that will be better!!
good luck with your application as well x
Reply 4
Original post by Usman009
Omg I'm kinda in a similar boat. I'm predicted A*A*AB (an the A is in maths not an A*). My gcses are average but due to my illnesses. I'm scared I won't even be considered or even given an offer (but atheist I've tried ig) Please could you tell me anything if you find out? Thank you

yhhh, I phoned ucl the other day, and they specified that their contextual offers were quite rigid so its best to meet those requirements - maybe try and ask to change your predicted grades good luck x
hey did you apply to UCL? i have similar gcse circumstances to you and wondering if you got in. ik they’re still sending offers out atm
Reply 6
Original post by izzyizzyizzy888
hey did you apply to UCL? i have similar gcse circumstances to you and wondering if you got in. ik they’re still sending offers out atm

Hi, I did end up applying to UCL as I did have a 5th spot which I didn’t really have a specific uni to put in; therefore there was no harm in trying to apply for me. I still haven’t heard back from them yet (but no one in my school even with really good grades has heard back from UCL for ppe, so I’m not sure if they want me or don’t want me yet). If you were to take my recommendation, just do it! The luck may be in our favour (+ we not ‘bad’ candidates, we do have a chance)
Hi, I did end up applying to UCL as I did have a 5th spot which I didn’t really have a specific uni to put in; therefore there was no harm in trying to apply for me. I still haven’t heard back from them yet (but no one in my school even with really good grades has heard back from UCL for ppe, so I’m not sure if they want me or don’t want me yet). If you were to take my recommendation, just do it! The luck may be in our favour (+ we not ‘bad’ candidates, we do have a chance)

great!! thankyou so much. great mindset. best of luck, i’m sure you’ll get in. if you remember, could you lmk if you get an offer?

also i think the more competitive courses for UCL take ages. i know someone who applied to HPE got a UCL offer today, so maybe PPE will be in the next couple weeks.
Original post by readerz

Thanks

Hi which unis did you apply to, I am similar in the fact that extenuating circumstances have been mentioned in my reference however I am not eligible for a conditional offer, only a standard offer
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi which unis did you apply to, I am similar in the fact that extenuating circumstances have been mentioned in my reference however I am not eligible for a conditional offer, only a standard offer

hi I applied to kcl lse Nottingham Manchester and Southampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending