The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Sneaking into the Durham University Open day??

Didn't manage to get a ticket but 2 of my friends did and they think it'd be super easy for me to just come in with them without a ticket, has anyone been before who'd be able to tell me if this would actually be possible?
Definitely possible I think- I don't remember them checking anyone's tickets at all
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by tama_12
Didn't manage to get a ticket but 2 of my friends did and they think it'd be super easy for me to just come in with them without a ticket, has anyone been before who'd be able to tell me if this would actually be possible?

Hiya

As far as I remember, all guests have to check in on arrival and your name is checked against the records. I personally wouldn't recommend sneaking in since that would meddle with the capacity restrictions (esp if more people are also planning on doing the same thing). You can come to the September Open Day if you haven't managed to secure a place on this one though!

-Himieka
Reply 3
Original post by tama_12

Are they both taking 2 parents along? You could always go as one of their guests.
Reply 4
Original post by tama_12

I went to Durham's Open Day last year (I think it was the Wednesday one, so it was far less busy, bear in mind) and although they had an e-ticketing system and booking/whatnot, no one was actually there checking tickets! I think you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest