The Student Room Group

Graduate enters medicine

so i want to apply for graduate medicine october 2023, but i only have like 3 months to do ucat, ucas, get the work experience. is it worth it? shall i just go on placement year and spend the year building on the experience and try for oct 24, im already a year interms of uni and age and kind of dont want to fall more, (would be 9 years of uni, inc fnd yr, bsc with placement and grad med 4yrs) or (8 years, icl fnd year, bsc without placement and grad med) oh and ill only be applying to one/two universities since i want to live at home. worcester is currently only taking internationals but i pray they open to uk students after this cohort has started. what do i do? oh my gcses and alevels arent great so i cant do uob cause i dont meet their school qualifications
Original post by Aiesha6
so i want to apply for graduate medicine october 2023, but i only have like 3 months to do ucat, ucas, get the work experience. is it worth it? shall i just go on placement year and spend the year building on the experience and try for oct 24, im already a year interms of uni and age and kind of dont want to fall more, (would be 9 years of uni, inc fnd yr, bsc with placement and grad med 4yrs) or (8 years, icl fnd year, bsc without placement and grad med) oh and ill only be applying to one/two universities since i want to live at home. worcester is currently only taking internationals but i pray they open to uk students after this cohort has started. what do i do? oh my gcses and alevels arent great so i cant do uob cause i dont meet their school qualifications

ah, I think someone able to ( @_Rusty_ or @TSRGeorge ?) will move this to a GEM thread
hey, I'm applying for grad medicine 2024. I would personally say not to rush it because this process is extremely stressful and time-consuming. I'm not sure if this applies to you, but there's something called "access to medicine" that a few medical universities do. I would say probably research that and see if that is a course you would like to take instead?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending