The Student Room Group

Lost motivation for studying

i have 3 exams this week, first on monday being psychology, bio on wednesday and sociology on friday and i literally can't be asked to revise anymore. intially, it was the fear of failure and wanting to go to university was motivating me but it's no longer working and now i genuinely just can't be bothered and idk what to do because i have so many exams this week. anyone else feeling like this or how do u deal with this feeling?
same ive barely done revision for economics and psych and its in two days idk what's wrong with me but I think ive burnt out
Original post by cert.badz12
i have 3 exams this week, first on monday being psychology, bio on wednesday and sociology on friday and i literally can't be asked to revise anymore. intially, it was the fear of failure and wanting to go to university was motivating me but it's no longer working and now i genuinely just can't be bothered and idk what to do because i have so many exams this week. anyone else feeling like this or how do u deal with this feeling?
This is me for GCSE's - I think bc they've been unusually easy so far I've lost my motivation...

Think of it like this you only have ONE chance at this.
And your grade stays with you for the rest of your life
https://www.tiktok.com/@yeetusstudy/video/7240204108639046939
(edited 10 months ago)

oh and this is for your exam on monday
https://www.tiktok.com/@yeetusstudy/video/7240121406086745371
Reply 5
Original post by LOST_CASEXOXO
Think of it like this you only have ONE chance at this.
And your grade stays with you for the rest of your life
https://www.tiktok.com/@yeetusstudy/video/7240204108639046939

that's the problem though. i know if i don't do well there's so many other options available; if i'm desperate for uni i can do clearing, if not i can re do y13 or if i change my mind completely i can just work full time. it's like there's so many options available, they act as a cushion for my loss of motivation cause i know if it doesn't go to plan, there's always something to fall back on.
Reply 6
Original post by LOST_CASEXOXO

thanks for this, it's helped a bit
that's the problem though. i know if i don't do well there's so many other options available; if i'm desperate for uni i can do clearing, if not i can re do y13 or if i change my mind completely i can just work full time. it's like there's so many options available, they act as a cushion for my loss of motivation cause i know if it doesn't go to plan, there's always something to fall back on.

Ok you know even if you redo year 13 you still will have the grades you got this year - they dont just disappear. Sorry but your going to have to get rid of that mindset for now you can have that mindset after exams. You should have some type of career goal like what profession do you want to go into. If you do end up getting a job full time what will you do if you dont feel like doing that certain job and what if you want to go into your desired profession but you dont have the relevant grades to get into that profession and then your going to regret it and so on. anyways at the end of the day its your choice
thanks for this, it's helped a bit

nw you still have time to get those A's and A stars
Reply 9
Original post by taylor2317
This is me for GCSE's - I think bc they've been unusually easy so far I've lost my motivation...

i mean that's fair enough
Reply 10

Heya!

It's completely normal to feel overwhelmed and unmotivated during a challenging exam week. :smile: Allow yourself small breaks between study sessions to relax and recharge. Engage in activities you enjoy, such as going for a walk, listening to music, or talking to friends, to give yourself a mental break. if it helps, divide your study material into smaller, manageable chunks. This approach can make the workload feel less daunting and help you focus on one subject at a time.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest