The Student Room Group

Briggate studios - Leeds Beckett

Hoping to study in Leeds Beckett September 2023 . Just applied for briggate studio’s accommodations. Has anyone else signed or received accomodation from there . It’s a new complex that opens this September really excited! Anyone else hoping to stay there ? So far I haven’t seen anyone post about it so it feels like I will be the only one in the complex 😭 it’s a beautiful place thoo!!
Reply 1
Hey, I hope you enjoy your time at university! This isn't going to be much help for you but I was thinking of booking this accommodation for 2024-25, my third year, and I was wondering what room you booked? I would also appreciate if you gave me updates and how it is living there once you move in if that's okay. I hope you enjoy your first year the complex looks amazing
:smile:
Reply 2
Hey . I haven’t moved in yet I am set to move in this September but the company have been really dodgy . I walked passed the accommodation today it’s still nowhere near finished and it is less than a month away from move in day . I saw all the builders food trash everywhere inside the building . Horrible communication I have been asking for building updates by email and no one has replied . It even caused me to leave a 1 star review on Google and it was only after that that someone contacted me to give me information and then then persuaded me to take down the review after that the building manager gave me his phone number to contact anytime I need. I recently tried calling and was ignored I left a message and he read it but did not reply . I will most likely be withdrawing my application from this building as the lack of communication and professionalism has put me off. The pictures on Google look lovely but those are only show room photos so I don’t even know if I can trust them. I have tried to book a viewing several times and they ignored me

Original post by mrmmvi
Hey, I hope you enjoy your time at university! This isn't going to be much help for you but I was thinking of booking this accommodation for 2024-25, my third year, and I was wondering what room you booked? I would also appreciate if you gave me updates and how it is living there once you move in if that's okay. I hope you enjoy your first year the complex looks amazing
:smile:
Reply 3
Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about the mess you're dealing with regarding your accommodation, It must be annoying and really stressful to have to put up with their poor communication and the building not being ready so close to moving in.
I'm really confused as to why the manager has ignored you even after giving his phone number? When I checked the rooms availability through Amber I saw that majority of the rooms have been completely sold out so I wonder if anyone else is dealing with the same problems you are having. The rooms are really expensive so I can understand how this would be even more unsettling and the fact that you couldn't even see a viewing of the rooms is really sketchy, I wouldn't trust them either.

I hope things start looking up for you ASAP and that you find a better option that suits you - I'm thinking that by the time I'm booking a room for 2024-25, the process will be smoother since they won't be in the middle of building chaos. But not going to lie, your experience has made me more cautious of them which is a shame.
I still think you should post your review and experience to google later on in the year if you want too, the fact that they contacted you to take it down just so they don't look bad is ridiculous. Very unprofessional.
Reply 4
Original post by PAalevels
Hoping to study in Leeds Beckett September 2023 . Just applied for briggate studio’s accommodations. Has anyone else signed or received accomodation from there . It’s a new complex that opens this September really excited! Anyone else hoping to stay there ? So far I haven’t seen anyone post about it so it feels like I will be the only one in the complex 😭 it’s a beautiful place thoo!!

i am too! if it ever goes ahead

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending