The Student Room Group

Do English unis take Scottish Highers into account?

I know that in order to apply to most courses in England I need to take three advanced highers, but I was wondering whether English unis look into higher grades much. I'm doing advanced highers this year and feel as though I haven't performed well in my higher exams. I'm hoping that if I actually put effort into my adv highers and get the required grades, my highers won't be held against me.
Reply 1
Original post by afn7
I know that in order to apply to most courses in England I need to take three advanced highers, but I was wondering whether English unis look into higher grades much. I'm doing advanced highers this year and feel as though I haven't performed well in my higher exams. I'm hoping that if I actually put effort into my adv highers and get the required grades, my highers won't be held against me.

I think it varies from university to university, based off a quick look. Some universities don’t require them at all, some do, and some have said e.g. 5 highers at these grades OR 2 AH at these grades. I’d look at some universities for the course you want to do and some universities you want to go to find out their specific requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending