The Student Room Group

AQA English language paper 1

How did people find question 4 on the AQA English language paper 1? I disagreed with the statement but our teacher has told us they will never give you a wrong on, you can always agreee or partially agree..
Reply 1
Original post by Amygingell1x2007
How did people find question 4 on the AQA English language paper 1? I disagreed with the statement but our teacher has told us they will never give you a wrong on, you can always agreee or partially agree..

Hi, I disagreed too - although I'm worrying a bit as it seems a lot of people agreed. However, my interpretation was that I strongly disagreed with the statement, so as long as I could back it up with evidence (which I hope I did sufficiently) then hopefully it will be ok. I think it's more to show your evaluation and critical thinking with supporting evidence. It is subjective after all. (Can you clarify what your teacher said 'wrong on?' not sure I understand..)
Reply 2
Original post by Jdbl
Hi, I disagreed too - although I'm worrying a bit as it seems a lot of people agreed. However, my interpretation was that I strongly disagreed with the statement, so as long as I could back it up with evidence (which I hope I did sufficiently) then hopefully it will be ok. I think it's more to show your evaluation and critical thinking with supporting evidence. It is subjective after all. (Can you clarify what your teacher said 'wrong on?' not sure I understand..)

Found this on Madameenglaise...

'Really, we don’t care less if you agree, if you disagree, if you are making a balanced argument. This is not a question that is asking you to make an argument (that’s a writing task). It’s asking you to respond to a statement, find evidence to support or contradict that statement and discuss the nuances, and then explain what the writer is up to. That ‘to what extent do you agree?’ is a bit of a dead end. It suggests it should be an argument, but really it’s just a way to get you to respond to the statement.'

I disagreed to is that wrong?
Reply 4
No, - the more I look into it, I don't think there is a wrong or a right answer. It's subjective and how the statement made you feel. Provided you had evidence (your interpretation) to back it up, then I really think it's ok.
Original post by 18charleswortho
I disagreed to is that wrong?
Reply 5
Everyone has their own opinion and as long as you can back it up, you're all good.
Just don't say "I 100% disagree" and then you can't find any text to support the fact that the statement is wrong, if you know what I mean. :smile:
Reply 6

What quotes did you use? Would the quote about the hyena turning the area into a 25 foot indoor track be good???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending