The Student Room Group

pyschology

If i wanted to be a child pyschologist, do you think i could get into good universities with these alevel options- biology,pyschology and health and social care(btech)
Reply 1
Original post by kTy27
If i wanted to be a child pyschologist, do you think i could get into good universities with these alevel options- biology,pyschology and health and social care(btech)

omg i do two of those subjects health and social care an psychology, this is off topic but how are you managing the work load for psychology because i actually cant understand how anyone is getting all of the evaluation for each subtopic it is stressing me out. Also, i believe if you get good grades you will have the chance of being a child psychologist or you may go to uni to do something along the lines and then later filter out to specifically a child psychologist. good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by m.dev54
omg i do two of those subjects health and social care an psychology, this is off topic but how are you managing the work load for psychology because i actually cant understand how anyone is getting all of the evaluation for each subtopic it is stressing me out. Also, i believe if you get good grades you will have the chance of being a child psychologist or you may go to uni to do something along the lines and then later filter out to specifically a child psychologist. good luck :smile:

Oh ok, thank you so much for letting me know, I am just doing my gcses right now so i don't know but now I'm stressing about the workload. I'm sure you'll do well on your exams, thank you so much though!
Reply 3
Original post by m.dev54

hey ik this is a different topic to the original thread but I just finished my psychology exams and the ONLY way that consistently worked for me is making quizlets with names of each psychologist. Don't try to remember every single name you come across preferably a few for each subtopic (unless they are big ones like Milgram ofc), and make sure you understand issues and debates and research methods! If you run out of eval in an exam you can almost always throw something in from these as long as you understand them.

Also a great idea is to make revision tables for each topic and put a list of the names you want to know for each topic, stick it on your wall or something with all the stats you need to remember. I only did that a few days before my exams and I think it would've helped me so much if I just did it sooner. If you can somehow mentally link the name of the researcher to something related to the study that helps a lot as well but sometimes it's more difficult. I find learning the names is really useful because if I link their research to their name, just by writing the name down in an exam it kinda acts as a cue for your brain to remember everything else as well :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jjeeeeeea
hey ik this is a different topic to the original thread but I just finished my psychology exams and the ONLY way that consistently worked for me is making quizlets with names of each psychologist. Don't try to remember every single name you come across preferably a few for each subtopic (unless they are big ones like Milgram ofc), and make sure you understand issues and debates and research methods! If you run out of eval in an exam you can almost always throw something in from these as long as you understand them.

Also a great idea is to make revision tables for each topic and put a list of the names you want to know for each topic, stick it on your wall or something with all the stats you need to remember. I only did that a few days before my exams and I think it would've helped me so much if I just did it sooner. If you can somehow mentally link the name of the researcher to something related to the study that helps a lot as well but sometimes it's more difficult. I find learning the names is really useful because if I link their research to their name, just by writing the name down in an exam it kinda acts as a cue for your brain to remember everything else as well :smile:

thankyou so much, ill give it a try and i guess ill let you know lol - but like why does there have to be so many researcherrrrrs

Quick Reply

Latest