The Student Room Group

2nd Degree Funding

Hello,

I previously studied mathematics and had planned to go into teaching maths. Last year I worked as a TA focused on maths and SEND. I was going to go into teaching via a PGCE. However, I found that the SEND and pyschology aspects of the job fit me much better. I am now hoping to get into educational pychology.

I beleive that Psychology is on the list of degrees eligible for second degree funding. In some places I have read this only covers part time and there is no maintenance support, in others it appeared to be full time with no maintenance support, and some had full support and were full time. Does anyone have a definitive clarification on this system?

Thanks
Original post by Oamies
Hello,

I previously studied mathematics and had planned to go into teaching maths. Last year I worked as a TA focused on maths and SEND. I was going to go into teaching via a PGCE. However, I found that the SEND and pyschology aspects of the job fit me much better. I am now hoping to get into educational pychology.

I beleive that Psychology is on the list of degrees eligible for second degree funding. In some places I have read this only covers part time and there is no maintenance support, in others it appeared to be full time with no maintenance support, and some had full support and were full time. Does anyone have a definitive clarification on this system?

Thanks

Hi there,

So we can check this can you please tell us the full name of this course and the university or college?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Hello,

The course would be BSc (Hons) Psychology - University of East Anglia - C800

Thankyou
Original post by Oamies
Hello,

The course would be BSc (Hons) Psychology - University of East Anglia - C800

Thankyou

Hi Oamies,

Thank you for confirming. There are multiple courses at that university that come under Psychology, can you confirm the full correct name and duration please? Psychology is only treated as an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules if it is part time.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending