The Student Room Group

need help picking my college options !!

i feel a bit stuck lol. i’ve been around multiple colleges in my area and haven’t found a 3rd option that appeals to me. i haven chosen biology and geography as 2 a-levels and cannot find a third. however, i went to a college which offers level 3 BTEC extended diploma in animal management, which will give the the equivalent of 3 a-levels. if anyone has done/is doing animal management and could offer advice on whether it is worth just doing the BTEC instead of 3 a-levels it would be really helpful.
Reply 1
If animal management really appeals to you and you want to do something relating to that after college I'd definitely say it's worth going for that. However, if you're not 100 percent, thinking about a third A-level (either a subject you just find fun or easy) might be the better option - especially if you are really into geography and biology. I know someone at uni studying Psychology despite never studying it before and another who studied Filmmaking at uni after doing Media, Pyschology and Geography at A-level. Point being that odds are you will be able to be flexible and shift into different areas after college regardless of what option you end up going for. Just think about what you are most invested in right now, and what you'll enjoy the most (and if it helps as a factor, which colleges are friends going to? which one has the commute you're most comfortable with?).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending