The Student Room Group

Russell Group Unis with Bad Maths GCSE?

Hi,
Just for context I’m predicted A*AA in my A-Levels and got 9999877775 in my GCSEs and a grade C in Level 3 Certificate in Mathematical studies.
I want to apply for pyschology at Russell Group Unis.
I got a 5 in maths GCSE.
The entry requirements for most of the unis i want to apply to say they require a grade 6/B in maths.
Do you think they will reject me just because of maths considering my predicted grades and other GCSEs? Is it worth it wasting a uni choice if i won’t be allowed in the first place ?
Thank you !
Reply 1
Original post by _.b4rbara
Hi,
Just for context I’m predicted A*AA in my A-Levels and got 9999877775 in my GCSEs and a grade C in Level 3 Certificate in Mathematical studies.
I want to apply for pyschology at Russell Group Unis.
I got a 5 in maths GCSE.
The entry requirements for most of the unis i want to apply to say they require a grade 6/B in maths.
Do you think they will reject me just because of maths considering my predicted grades and other GCSEs? Is it worth it wasting a uni choice if i won’t be allowed in the first place ?
Thank you !

Considering you have amazing grades it’s a bit difficult, I would perhaps email the university you want to go to stating all of your grades and if a grade 5 would be applicable some cases it might be! Worst case would be to resit in november but thats it.
Or perphaps choose universities who do not take GCSEs into much consideration
Good luck : )
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Email each Uni with the name of the Maths qual you have and ask.

Just be aware that if they say no, they mean it.
Not having the right basic Maths skills is the quickest way to get a rejection for Psych - it involves stats/data work and this is why maths is important.
RG makes zero difference. St Andrews and Bath are two of the best out there and they are not RG.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending