The Student Room Group

Job searching

Hi, I’m currently applying to jobs (mostly as a waitress not barista as I have previous experience) I’ve come across a few lounges/restaurants that have their email on their website and ask to email our Cv to them. Do I need to write much with the Cv to make it look better/stand out or keep it short and just send the Cv?
Original post by Purpledustx12
Hi, I’m currently applying to jobs (mostly as a waitress not barista as I have previous experience) I’ve come across a few lounges/restaurants that have their email on their website and ask to email our Cv to them. Do I need to write much with the Cv to make it look better/stand out or keep it short and just send the Cv?

Always send a covering letter whenever you are asked for a CV. The CV gives the evidence of your relevant skills, but the covering letter provides the opportunity to make a persuasive case for consideration.

A covering letter follows a standard format, just explain why you want to do this sort of work, why you want to work for this organisation and then finally highlight your three most relevant skills.
Reply 2
You never have 'the CV', you have 'a CV' that you tailor for every job application, highlighting the transferable skills and achievements which show your suitability for the role.
Original post by Purpledustx12

I'm not sure if it helps but have you looked at GiGL? You don't need a CV or a cover letter - you just have to answer the employers questions and they get back to you in 7 days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending