The Student Room Group

Summer jobs etc

I know I'm leaving it kinda late but I was wondering if anyone knew how to begin applying for retail jobs for the summer I've checked online but there's really not that much information from different places. Does anyone have any advice
Reply 1
check actual company websites such as go on clarks website go on the nandos website etc cuz jobs get posted on indeed and stuff too late and they probably already hired someone but ur best bet is company websites as they post job listings first
hopefully that helps :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by victoriu
check actual company websites such as go on clarks website go on the nandos website etc cuz jobs get posted on indeed and stuff too late and they probably already hired someone but ur best bet is company websites as they post job listings first
hopefully that helps :smile:

Yh I have been looking there but some say you have to go in store and ask has anyone actually done this cause I feel like it would be super awkward or something
Hey!

If you're looking to apply for retail jobs for the summer, it's great that you're starting to explore your options. While online job listings can be helpful, there are a few other strategies you can try to increase your chances of finding opportunities.

First, consider visiting local retail stores in person. Many businesses, especially smaller ones, may not advertise their job openings online. By going directly to the stores you're interested in, you can inquire about any available positions and even submit your resume or application on the spot. Dress professionally and be prepared to speak with a manager or supervisor who can provide more information. I have done this is the past and there have been many places who are looking to hire but have not got around to putting up notices.

Networking can also be a valuable tool in your job search. Talk to friends, family, or acquaintances who may have connections in the retail industry. They may be aware of job openings or be able to refer you to someone who can help. Additionally, attending job fairs or industry events can provide opportunities to meet with potential employers and learn more about available positions.

When applying for retail jobs, make sure your resume highlights any relevant experience, such as customer service or sales roles, even if they are not specifically in the retail sector. Emphasize your skills in communication, teamwork, and problem-solving, as these are highly valued in retail settings. It's also important to tailor your application materials, including your cover letter, to each specific job you apply for. This shows your genuine interest and attention to detail.

Finally, don't be discouraged if you face some rejections along the way. Job searches can be competitive, but persistence and a positive attitude will go a long way. Keep searching, follow up on applications, and stay proactive in your pursuit of a retail job for the summer.

Good luck with your applications, and I hope you find a great retail job for the summer!
Original post by hermi_1_
I know I'm leaving it kinda late but I was wondering if anyone knew how to begin applying for retail jobs for the summer I've checked online but there's really not that much information from different places. Does anyone have any advice

I've had a lot of success with GiGL (it's an app) and there's multiple retail jobs available and some that don't require experience (which was my situation)!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending