The Student Room Group

Food Science

Hey guys, I have got an offer from " london Met " also from " Manchester met" my course is " MSC in Food Science" I am an international student.

I am unable to decide which one should I choose, cuz none of them have a placement year, ho w hard is it to find a job after doing Food science? if anyone has any ideas?
Original post by upadhyaypalllavi
Hey guys, I have got an offer from " london Met " also from " Manchester met" my course is " MSC in Food Science" I am an international student.

I am unable to decide which one should I choose, cuz none of them have a placement year, ho w hard is it to find a job after doing Food science? if anyone has any ideas?

Did you apply to Reading? That's the place to do Food science/tech. Don't bother paying overseas fees for London Met.

Hi @upadhyaypalllavi

As a fellow international student, I think a placement year doesn't really affect your job search as it totally depends on the skills you acquire. It is true that having a placement or an internship experience adds an advantage to your profile and enhances your job search, but still, it is not the ONLY factor that fetches you a job. I personally know 10s of international students, studied here in the UK, having no placement year or internship with their course, and yet, landed in a job. Hope this helps:smile:

Kind regards
Bhavya Harika
Student Ambassador- Coventry University

Hi @upadhyaypalllavi

As a fellow international student, I think a placement year doesn't really affect your job search as it totally depends on the skills you acquire. It is true that having a placement or an internship experience adds an advantage to your profile and enhances your job search, but still, it is not the ONLY factor that fetches you a job. I personally know 10s of international students, studied here in the UK, having no placement year or internship with their course, and yet, landed in a job. Hope this helps:smile:

Kind regards
Bhavya Harika
Student Ambassador- Coventry University
Reply 4
Hi all,
I hope you made a decision, I did my BSc and PhD at Reading Uni so I highly recommend it, I even did a fair amount of teaching. Reading has excellent industry contacts. In general past students also promote graduate roles in the companies they have gone to work for so there is quite a good community spirit that carries on past graduation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending