The Student Room Group

Can you include subsets of computer science in your personal statement?

So I am applying for computer science (as you can tell). However, I tend to talk about different subsets of computer science in my personal statement such as quantum computing and cyber security. I'm applying to take computer science at Uni and know some of this stuff won't be covered but don't know if it's alright to add these to my PS.
If it won’t be covered then that’s generally a bad idea. Universities will interpret your including it as evidence that you don’t understand what the course you’re applying for includes.

Why not find CS courses that do include those topics if you find them interesting
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If it won’t be covered then that’s generally a bad idea. Universities will interpret your including it as evidence that you don’t understand what the course you’re applying for includes.

Why not find CS courses that do include those topics if you find them interesting

It's because all subsets of computer science interest me, including those with their own course. It makes it harder for me to actually pick my course so I'm going with the original computer science course because it has stuck with me the longest and I enjoy it the most. The thing is, I've done a lot of extracurriculars outside of school so I have a lot to talk about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending