The Student Room Group

A level choices too random for Nottingham computer science?

I’m applying for computer science at unis like Nottingham where they don’t require maths a level, but require at least one science. I meet the requirements because I got a 6 in gcse maths, and do computer science a level, however I do an essay subject and art. I do know people in my situation who got onto the course anyways but I’m not 100% reliant on that fact alone, so I want to ask if anyone have Opinions?
Different unis will specify what GCSE grades and A-level grades they want for you to apply. If you don't do that subject or don't have the sufficient grade, they might give you a rejection saying you don't meet their criteria.
Ultimately, your application will be seen as less competitive than others as they will receive applications from other students with stronger alevels that fit CS more. However, as long as you make a really good personal statement, it can cancel it out essentially. For example, I received all 5 of my offers including Durham and KCL for economics when 2 of my A-levels are economics and business which is always not recommended by unis and teachers. But my personal statement was super strong with all sorts of summer schools and extra reading and actually showed some real passion that isnt making money through investment banking lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending