The Student Room Group

Newcastle or Royal Holloway BSc Computer Science

Hi,

I have gotten offers from both Newcastle and Royal Holloway. I am unsure of what to pick as my firm choice as they are both great in my eyes and both offer their unique advantages.If possible, could someone give their suggestion and why?
Reply 1
well Newcastle will be a lot cheaper - living expenses wise - compared to London. Check out the course content at each uni. Which one appeals to you more?
Original post by curious_axe132
Hi,

I have gotten offers from both Newcastle and Royal Holloway. I am unsure of what to pick as my firm choice as they are both great in my eyes and both offer their unique advantages.If possible, could someone give their suggestion and why?

Be aware that Royal Holloway is miles out of London and closer to Windsor. If you want nightlife go to Newcastle. If your looking for somewhere rural the RHUL is better for you
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
Be aware that Royal Holloway is miles out of London and closer to Windsor. If you want nightlife go to Newcastle. If your looking for somewhere rural the RHUL is better for you

Yeah, the location won't be an issue for me tbh. I'm from surrey so I'm used to RHUL.

I guess the course are similar enough I just need to see what I feel best with.
Reply 4
Original post by mike23mike
well Newcastle will be a lot cheaper - living expenses wise - compared to London. Check out the course content at each uni. Which one appeals to you more?

They both appeal to me tbh.
I'm used to south east expenses and Newcastle would be far cheaper for accom. The money aspect wouldn't be an issue for me. I'm just wondering which course is better.
Original post by curious_axe132
Hi,

Hi @curious_axe132

It's great that you're considering studying Computer Science at Newcastle University. You may be interested in watching a video we've recently uploaded about our undergraduate Computer Science degrees: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekLLGxOxLEM

Our Computer Science BSc Honours programme at Newcastle meets the evolving needs of industry, and will give you a deep understanding of the principles of Computer Science. You'll be based in the truly inspiring Urban Sciences Building, and study at a world-leading centre in computing innovation and industry collaboration.

Our degrees are accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS) so that you can be assured that you will graduate with a degree that meets the standard set by the IT industry. BCS is the Chartered Institute for IT. Studying a BCS-accredited degree provides the foundation for a chartered IT professional, engineer or scientist.

97% of our Computer Science graduates are in graduate-level jobs or in further study within fifteen months of graduation (Guardian university league tables 2021). The School of Computing annually hosts a week of intensive employability events. These have included:

hackathon workshops
placement discussions
coding and enterprise challenges
employer talks
networking events

You may also find this video useful on how we prepare students for working in the computer science industry.

You can talk to some of Computer Science students using our UniBuddy service, who will be able to answer questions that you may have about the course from a student's perspective. We also have blogs available under the 'Content' tab where our students talk about a number of different topics around the university and the city.

To get more of a feel for Newcastle University, to figure out if you could see yourself here please visit these pages:

I hope this information helps you in your decision-making process. I also hope you will enjoy your university experience wherever you choose to go :smile:

Hana

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending