The Student Room Group

Difference between AQA English Language Paper 1 Q2 and Paper 2 Q3?

What is the difference between the above questions? From what I can make out they're both assessing the exact same skills, so just wondering why one is 8 marks and the other 12 marks? Is there any major difference or are they just expecting you to write more (if so ideally how many paragraphs should you aim for)? Thank you : )
Original post by user01906002
What is the difference between the above questions? From what I can make out they're both assessing the exact same skills, so just wondering why one is 8 marks and the other 12 marks? Is there any major difference or are they just expecting you to write more (if so ideally how many paragraphs should you aim for)? Thank you : )

they are assessing the same thing, you should write 2 fully developed paragraphs for paper 1 q2 and 3 for paper 2 q3.
however the language techniques you will need to look for will be different.
Reply 2
Original post by probably_sane
they are assessing the same thing, you should write 2 fully developed paragraphs for paper 1 q2 and 3 for paper 2 q3.
however the language techniques you will need to look for will be different.

Thank you. Sorry what do you mean by the language techniques will be different though? As in they will be different than the type of thing we were given in paper 1?
in paper 1 it is things like personification, pathetic fallacy, ect
but in paper 2, you are looking at persuasive techniques like rule of 3, rhetorical questions, alliteration
if you look it up, im sure you will find a set of vocabulary for use in analysis in paper 2
Reply 4
in paper 1 it is things like personification, pathetic fallacy, ect
but in paper 2, you are looking at persuasive techniques like rule of 3, rhetorical questions, alliteration
if you look it up, im sure you will find a set of vocabulary for use in analysis in paper 2

I get what you mean now thank you!!
I get what you mean now thank you!!

good luck for tomorrow
Reply 6
good luck for tomorrow

Thank you and u if ur doing any exams atm
Thank you and u if ur doing any exams atm

thanks, yeah, i'm doing gcses and i've also got english tomorrow :frown:

Quick Reply