The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Can I get into UCL/any Russell group uni with these grades?

I'm going to be doing my y12 mocks soon and I'm gen stressed af with my grades and whether they r good enough. For gcses I got 9777777666, and the grades I've been getting so far are A's or A*'s. What can I do to get into the top unis help pls
Original post by ichmielowiec
I'm going to be doing my y12 mocks soon and I'm gen stressed af with my grades and whether they r good enough. For gcses I got 9777777666, and the grades I've been getting so far are A's or A*'s. What can I do to get into the top unis help pls

Firstly your grades are fine for most universities. However universities in London are heavily over subscribed due to demand so you may or may not get offers. There are a number of very good universities not just RG so dont limit yourself.

Dont apply to more than 2 in London or Oxbridge as their reject rate is high.

Look at 2 provincial universities as they make high rates of offers.

Have 1 choice lower than you predictions in case of rejections
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Yeah russel group doesnt mean much - just a group of unis that do a lot of research which wont be useful until maybe 3rd or 4th year
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
Firstly your grades are fine for most universities. However universities in London are heavily over subscribed due to demand so you may or may not get offers. There are a number of very good universities not just RG so dont limit yourself.

Dont apply to more than 2 in London or Oxbridge as their reject rate is high.

Look at 2 provincial universities as they make high rates of offers.

Have 1 choice lower than you predictions in case of rejections

I feel you, I wanna stay in London ideally because I already live here so my accom is basically sorted, but I will defo research more provincial unis.
For my 5 unis i want to apply to UCL, KCL, LSE, Queen Mary and Birkbeck. I'm applying for law which I know is very competitive so my goal grades are A*A*A*, plus I've done my polish A-level a year ago and got a B and I'm additionally doing EPQ.
Original post by ichmielowiec
I feel you, I wanna stay in London ideally because I already live here so my accom is basically sorted, but I will defo research more provincial unis.
For my 5 unis i want to apply to UCL, KCL, LSE, Queen Mary and Birkbeck. I'm applying for law which I know is very competitive so my goal grades are A*A*A*, plus I've done my polish A-level a year ago and got a B and I'm additionally doing EPQ.

UCL,KCL and LSE are massively oversubscribed for Law and many are rejected even with outstanding grades. It is a massive risk but that is up to you.
Yeah ive heard LSE like giving 4 grade offers too. Might be better off getting rid of one of the CLs and replacing it with a top uni out of london. then have a less good one for a backup
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending