The Student Room Group

Warwick, MMU or Goldsmiths: MA Writing

Hi,

I have been accepted to the University of Warwick (MA) , Goldsmiths (MA) and Manchester Met (MFA) all for postgraduate courses in creative writing (in some form).

I'm really struggling to decide which course to choose as they all offer something different. I am a poet first and foremost but my hopes for the course was to expand my craft further and use the course to gain connections to become a published author.

Man met's program is set up in a way that you graduate with a manuscript and has an impressive faculty (Carol Ann-Duffy). However, the course is online so I would miss some of those in-person perks.

Warwick is a prestigious uni, the course seems to have a good reputation and its in person and close to where I live, so travel costs aren't an issue. However, the course does seem more rigid and also favours prose. If anyone has done this course could you comment on whether this is true?

The course at Goldsmiths really spoke to me and I loved their past alumni's work. They were the only university to interview, so I felt connected to it from the get go. The issue with this choice are travel costs to London are almost not doable (i'm too old for a railcard) and I have also heard negative things about the university being in debt and lots of strikes. Can anyone speak on this?

Any info much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending