The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Parking at bath uni

Is there anywhere I’d be able to park my car first year at uni as I’d need it to travel home I’d be living in the uni accommodation but would need my car when I’m travelling back home.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Is there anywhere I’d be able to park my car first year at uni as I’d need it to travel home I’d be living in the uni accommodation but would need my car when I’m travelling back home.

I was told there is no parking for first years but further years can purchase permits. Maybe if you are disabled they would make an exception as you aren't commuting you don't really need the car it's just convenience. I also applied to Bath and visited recently. If you are desperate for a car you can flush all your maintenance loan down the drain on public parking. Bc of the way Bath is you can't park down random residential streets either (which is common where I live). Just use the train until 2nd year. I've heard you shouldn't go home too often anyway bc it makes it harder to settle in.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Hi there,

There isn’t any long-term parking at the campus in bath. Most carparks are pay and display and require a permit such as if you had a disability or lived far away. The ones which do not require a permit are still pay and display which isn’t feasible to leave your car all the time. You can try to park your car around some of the town in bath, there are roads open to parking in combedown or oldfield residential areas however these are often packed and far away from the university itself.

Is the train or bus an option for travelling home? It may be cheaper and easier.

Hope this helped,
- Sophie (uni of Bath)

Hi there is a farm next to university called Rainbow wood farm. They offer parking permits for students for a yearly fee. If you want to contact them search up the farm and get the email or call James (the owner) his numbers +44 7891 537528

Quick Reply

Latest