The Student Room Group

Bath vs Manchester

Hi guys, I’ve recently been fortunate enough to get offers from both Manchester uni and bath for sociology. Hopefully if I was to get the grades idk what I should form as I live in Manchester.and it would be cheaper. However, I have also been told bath is a better uni. So I was wondering if anyone had any advice
Which course interest you the most - they will not be identical. Look carefully at the optional units for all years of each course. Think seriously about which ones would you choose if you went there.

Do either of these degrees include any sort of work experience or study abroad - this is highly valued by employers and will greatly to your graduate CV.

These two Uni are vastly different in size and environment, and so are the two places. Which will suit you best.

Think about where you are going to feel happiest.
As said above which course and uni campus would you feel best with? I am at Bath and love it but accommodation is a huge chunk of your debt/loan. I paid £6400 for first year and my second year in a house of 4 nothing out of the ordinary is £9100.
Original post by Maddie57
As said above which course and uni campus would you feel best with? I am at Bath and love it but accommodation is a huge chunk of your debt/loan. I paid £6400 for first year and my second year in a house of 4 nothing out of the ordinary is £9100.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Can I ask with regard to second year accommodation. How easy is it to find and how much would it cost for me individually.
Original post by Hahaha 152626262
Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Can I ask with regard to second year accommodation. How easy is it to find and how much would it cost for me individually.

We found second year accommodation easy to find although you do need to get looking mid Nov to be sure but I know a friend who’s only recently secured hers so it’s not unheard of later on. My share of the 4 bed house, in Oldfield Park where most Bath Uni students live off campus, is £175 pw incl bills. We saw a few cheaper and lots more expensive- seems it’s probably best to have 4 plus students sharing to bring price down. It’s normal it seems to have to pay a month up front to secure the property and we were asked to pay Julys instalment also up front - so x2 months up front. I love Bath city. Very safe, nightlife is fine not crazy but there’s certainly enough. Am loving my course and the sports facilities are very good. So glad I came to Bath - it was my first choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending