The Student Room Group

Higher English Persuasive Essay suggestions??

I really have no clue on what to do so I was hoping that you guys may have some ideas. I don't want to do something generic that the teachers will already have read millions of times (abortion etc).
Reply 1
This is a really good website for topics:
Reply 2
I’m not able to post the link for some reason but head to debating matters and look under topics!
I'd recommend doing something a bit more lighthearted if you want to do something different. I wrote my Higher English persuasive essay on the James Bond franchise and how women are portrayed in the films. If you go for something you're genuinely interested in and have an opinion on, it will be much more fun to write :smile:
Reply 4
Hi! I did mine last year on a subject I really enjoyed. It started off as “why people should study music” but my teacher told me it wasn’t powerful enough, so I changed it to “make music mandatory”. Mine was done at the last minute in February/March, but it wasn't too hard since I felt strongly about it - so I think the best advice would be to write about something you really love and try explain why others should love it too. But remember be powerful!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending