The Student Room Group

Questions about prom?

Hello
Where I live we don't really do proms so I have few questions
Do proms usually take place in school or a hotel/etc?
Is there an entry fee?
What's the rules?
Original post by Gigi995
Hello
Where I live we don't really do proms so I have few questions
Do proms usually take place in school or a hotel/etc?
Is there an entry fee?
What's the rules?

Hi @Gigi995

When I attended my prom, it was at the racecourse/conference rooms near where I live, but this can differ between schools. I know people who have had theirs at hotels or function halls, or at their school.

I remember having to pay towards my prom for the venue/food/music provided. Usually your school will let you know about any costs towards your prom, but you could always ask in advance if you're unsure.

Regarding rules...obviously have a good time! I remember the night being quite relaxed, lots of dancing and taking pictures. The rules aspect is basically the same as being at school - your teachers want you to have a good time, but if anything is unsafe or inappropriate, they'll probably step in as normal.

If you do end up going to prom, I hope you have a fab time! And try not to put too much pressure on the event. It should a fun way to celebrate your time at school.

Hope this helps.
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Gigi995

When I attended my prom, it was at the racecourse/conference rooms near where I live, but this can differ between schools. I know people who have had theirs at hotels or function halls, or at their school.

I remember having to pay towards my prom for the venue/food/music provided. Usually your school will let you know about any costs towards your prom, but you could always ask in advance if you're unsure.

Regarding rules...obviously have a good time! I remember the night being quite relaxed, lots of dancing and taking pictures. The rules aspect is basically the same as being at school - your teachers want you to have a good time, but if anything is unsafe or inappropriate, they'll probably step in as normal.

If you do end up going to prom, I hope you have a fab time! And try not to put too much pressure on the event. It should a fun way to celebrate your time at school.

Hope this helps.
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU :smile:

Thank you so much ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending