The Student Room Group

Working From Home - Set up - What's Yours?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can shed light on this... mainly existing/new civil service staff who can work from home

Just wondering what is given to staff initially, I know you get a laptop, but does it come with a laptop bag, can you get a wireless keyboard/mouse through work or source your own?
I also seen on reddit (2 year old post) that there was £200 available to help with costs of getting chairs or desks for home, does anyone know if this still exists?

I don't wat to go kit myself out ahead of time to find out there is assistance available.

Thanks
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by JDSensations
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can shed light on this... mainly existing/new civil service staff who can work from home

Just wondering what is given to staff initially, I know you get a laptop, but does it come with a laptop bag, can you get a wireless keyboard/mouse through work or source your own?
I also seen on reddit (2 year old post) that there was £200 available to help with costs of getting chairs or desks for home, does anyone know if this still exists?

I don't wat to go kit myself out ahead of time to find out there is assistance available.

Thanks

Hi, it depends on which government department you work for, believe it or not they isn’t any common policy across government with regards to this
Reply 2
Original post by Mikewt70
Hi, it depends on which government department you work for, believe it or not they isn’t any common policy across government with regards to this

Ah I see, thanks for that. I will just wait until I start and see what I need then

thanks for the reply
Reply 3
Thought I would tweak this to see what others set up is for working from home, recommendations, bargains you've found.
I'll be thinking;

Table and chair (might seem obvious but so many will just chill on the sofa or sit at their dinner table, won't be good long term)

Wireless keyboard and mouse, I don't like laptop for typing and mouse use - Probably low cost Logitech combo

Monitor or 2 (Dual display is so handy when working between multiple documents/programs/apps) - Possibly have 2 20" tv/monitors coming for free

Docking station to link everything up - Found a cheap on on Amazon, but might be too cheap (does have 2xHDMI, 2x USB and 1 x USB C)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending