The Student Room Group

Career change

I studied chemistry as a major (4yrs), now i want to switch my career to Psychology.

If i go for MSc psychology conversion, would i be able to go for PhD Psychology later?
Hello!

I'm currently studying for my MSc in Psychology (Conversion) at the University of Surrey. My UG was in Modern Languages here! You certainly can apply for a PhD as long as the course is BPS accredited. Many of us plan to gain experience after graduating in roles such as PWP, IAPTs, support roles, healthcare assistant roles, etc before applying for a PhD.

Best of luck and feel free to ask me any questions :smile: I am really glad I made this switch.

Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology
Reply 2
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hello!

I'm currently studying for my MSc in Psychology (Conversion) at the University of Surrey. My UG was in Modern Languages here! You certainly can apply for a PhD as long as the course is BPS accredited. Many of us plan to gain experience after graduating in roles such as PWP, IAPTs, support roles, healthcare assistant roles, etc before applying for a PhD.

Best of luck and feel free to ask me any questions :smile: I am really glad I made this switch.

Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology

I am from Pakistan and i need guidance regarding UK admission in MSc psychology conversion.

Moreover, i want to clarify the thing that is it a masters degree or diploma/certificate???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending