The Student Room Group

Unsure of what job to do/may change career in future, apprenticeships still good?

I'm in Year 13 and don't know if I should get an apprenticeship or degree (I've applied to computer science and management/business). I want what's best for career prospects yet am unsure on what to do for a career. If I get an apprenticeship, it will be with a degree too, or apprenticeship then university.
Let's say you do a lot outside of your degree at uni to secure a good job after graduation, but you want to do something else after, how will you fare compared to someone who completed a degree apprenticeship and wants a career change? You need to do so much like networking and placements etc. to get a grad job, yet people say "you can always change career, so many jobs simply ask for any degree"Is uni better for people who don't know what to do, or do they have to be focused on doing everything possible to get a grad job from Year 1? Is it still a solid option for job prospects provided you put in the work, or is it too risky?
Thanks
Reply 1
Anyone?
Someone who has 3 years of work experience and a degree will always be more competitive than someone whose done a 3 year degree with little work experience

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending