The Student Room Group

is there an issue with me?

So I tend to get anxious and I pre look at situations in my head and picture myself there and think oh this is going to be not enjoyable because of anxiety or just because. Recently for the past couple months I’ve been on and off in terms of my mood, some days things feel grey and I’m sad and when I am happy I am HAPPYYYY like really in a good mood. Anyone knows if this is depression because I fear that it is? I still go to work and do stuff etc just some days I don’t see the enjoyment as much
i feel that too & i have anxiety issues
Reply 2
Original post by TheBlackRabbit56
i feel that too & i have anxiety issues

Would you say it’s depression
Original post by Anonymous
So I tend to get anxious and I pre look at situations in my head and picture myself there and think oh this is going to be not enjoyable because of anxiety or just because. Recently for the past couple months I’ve been on and off in terms of my mood, some days things feel grey and I’m sad and when I am happy I am HAPPYYYY like really in a good mood. Anyone knows if this is depression because I fear that it is? I still go to work and do stuff etc just some days I don’t see the enjoyment as much

You could be a little depressed but honestly none of us can really pass judgement on here because we don’t know you or much about you. This does sound kind of like you could be depressed/have anxiety issues, but only mildly and it’s quite common to feel like this. If you’re really concerned you should talk to someone you know or even better a professional.
Reply 4
Original post by user01906002
You could be a little depressed but honestly none of us can really pass judgement on here because we don’t know you or much about you. This does sound kind of like you could be depressed/have anxiety issues, but only mildly and it’s quite common to feel like this. If you’re really concerned you should talk to someone you know or even better a professional.

Is there ways of dealing with this at home by myself ? Thank you x
i think it's fine to not feel a high level of joy when working or doing a daily activity

is there something specific that makes you feel anxious?
Reply 6
Original post by beautifulworld
i think it's fine to not feel a high level of joy when working or doing a daily activity

is there something specific that makes you feel anxious?

I would say yes cos I have a fear of fainting and a fear of change so before holiday I don’t want to go until I’m actually there so I can’t find happiness and look forward to holidays
do you eat well? because i might faint when i lack energy
If you are feeling really high highs and really low lows, it could be a sign of bi-polar.
Anxiety has become so common in people now and covid really shook things up too.

It might be worth speaking to someone about it, often things arent as bad as we build up in our heads. Sometimes we have to put ourselves out tere to see it's not that bad (which I know is easier said than done)

I would suggest speaking to someone either family member, friend, doctor. Better than building it up
Reply 9
Original post by beautifulworld
do you eat well? because i might faint when i lack energy

I never faint
Reply 10
Original post by JDSensations
If you are feeling really high highs and really low lows, it could be a sign of bi-polar.
Anxiety has become so common in people now and covid really shook things up too.

It might be worth speaking to someone about it, often things arent as bad as we build up in our heads. Sometimes we have to put ourselves out tere to see it's not that bad (which I know is easier said than done)

I would suggest speaking to someone either family member, friend, doctor. Better than building it up

This is true I wouldn’t say I experience really high highs or lows but when I experience lows they feel pretty low and last a while. I do have random boosts of highs and ir can switch up to lows quick but doubt it’s bipolar

Quick Reply

Latest