The Student Room Group

Work management at A-levels

I have just moved to the UK from India 3 months ago and am starting sixth form (year 12) in September. As far I have seen on my school orientation and students around me the way of maintaining your written work is very different here than in India (mainly on the fact that I see a lot of people working with folders n stuff instead of a defined notebook for each subject), could someone just give a crash course of how the written work of school works, like do you have make a separate folder for each subject? My subjects are maths, further maths, physics and chemistry
Reply 1
Original post by Baymax_2602
I have just moved to the UK from India 3 months ago and am starting sixth form (year 12) in September. As far I have seen on my school orientation and students around me the way of maintaining your written work is very different here than in India (mainly on the fact that I see a lot of people working with folders n stuff instead of a defined notebook for each subject), could someone just give a crash course of how the written work of school works, like do you have make a separate folder for each subject? My subjects are maths, further maths, physics and chemistry

The fun part of sixth form is that in many places you get to choose how to do this! Many people use folders because it's easier to rearrange and find specific modules or pieces of work, not having to stick things in (just holepunch and stick it in the folder), alongside being able to remove individual pages (e.g. to hand a practical report in for marking). If you're most comfortable with a notebook for each subject like you did before, you're completely welcome to continue doing that unless a specific subject teacher tells you that you must do it in a certain way (though I've personally never had a teacher in sixth form do this, it may be worth asking your teachers if they have any preferences in how you lay out your work before committing to a particular system). Hope this helps a bit :smile:
Reply 2
Good luck. Whatever helped you with revision in India should be able to translate here since people revise differently

Quick Reply

Latest