The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Results Day: What to expect and what next?

To those of you that have found your way to this post on TSR you may be wondering some of these questions:
What is Results Day?
What if I don't get the grades for my offers?
What if I don't have any offers?
What is Clearing?

To anyone who is here just out of curiosity, or on the off-chance, hello all the same! :biggrin:

Results Day this year is on the 17th of August 2023 (this Thursday!)

Results Day doesn't necessarily cover all of the qualifications that you may have just completed, but does cover AS level, A level and T Levels. Results for other Level 3 qualifications taken alongside or instead of A levels, such as BTECs, are also available on or before this date. :fluffy:
More information on when your results will be available is usually via your college or institution, that you undertook the qualification(s), so it is always best to double check with them if you are unsure!

Results can be emailed or sent in the post but it’s always a good idea to go into school or college to receive your results. This way you can access support from the staff at your college or institution, advice, and also receive a paper copy of your results - so you have everything to hand should you need to go through Clearing:call:

If you've already applied through UCAS for Uni this year, and you're worried about the grades you need for any offers you hold, then Clearing may be an option for you. :redface:

If you don't fulfill the conditions for your offers, or hold any offers at all, then you will automatically be placed into Clearing on UCAS .:u:
This will allow you another chance to contact Universities that you may not have considered at first, or if you have changed your mind about which course you would like to study, or if you are just thinking of applying now!:colondollar:

I'd definitely check out a few posts here on TSR, including FAQs and information on Clearing and contacting Universities if you're thinking 'this sounds like me'!

Remember: everyone's journey to University is different and no two journeys look the same. Clearing is a busy time for Universities and we understand this may not be an ideal choice for all, you may have worries, and are a bit stressed about getting everything in place for September. We are here to help you as well as we can so please be patient and we will all try our best to support each student coming through the process of Clearing! :cyber:

The biggest questions on your mind may be about Student Finance, or Accommodation, and getting everything ready.

If in doubt, call the Enquiries Team or general contact number for the Universities you are interested in through Clearing, or hold offers with, for a chat! Student Finance (England, Wales, Northern Ireland, or Scotland etc.) will have a contact centre and can help with queries over the phone too!:call2:

For Accommodation each University may have the best advice on their booking page, or on their FAQs Accommodation page on their main website, including contact details for the team. If you have booked Accommodation at a Uni that you are no longer going to join in September then there may be help requesting a refund for any deposits made, and also rooms still available and listed, on the Accommodation pages of each Uni's website.

Spoiler

I hope this has been helpful! If you would like to reach out to us here at DMU then we are happy to discuss any worries or queries with you:flower2:

Spoiler

- Rose, De Montfort University Rep.

Call us for a chat on 0116 257 7000
Or WhatsApp on 07970 655 800📱
Reply 1
Original post by De Montfort University
To those of you that have found your way to this post on TSR you may be wondering some of these questions:
What is Results Day?
What if I don't get the grades for my offers?
What if I don't have any offers?
What is Clearing?

To anyone who is here just out of curiosity, or on the off-chance, hello all the same! :biggrin:

Results Day this year is on the 17th of August 2023 (this Thursday!)

Results Day doesn't necessarily cover all of the qualifications that you may have just completed, but does cover AS level, A level and T Levels. Results for other Level 3 qualifications taken alongside or instead of A levels, such as BTECs, are also available on or before this date. :fluffy:
More information on when your results will be available is usually via your college or institution, that you undertook the qualification(s), so it is always best to double check with them if you are unsure!

Results can be emailed or sent in the post but it’s always a good idea to go into school or college to receive your results. This way you can access support from the staff at your college or institution, advice, and also receive a paper copy of your results - so you have everything to hand should you need to go through Clearing:call:

If you've already applied through UCAS for Uni this year, and you're worried about the grades you need for any offers you hold, then Clearing may be an option for you. :redface:

If you don't fulfill the conditions for your offers, or hold any offers at all, then you will automatically be placed into Clearing on UCAS .:u:
This will allow you another chance to contact Universities that you may not have considered at first, or if you have changed your mind about which course you would like to study, or if you are just thinking of applying now!:colondollar:

I'd definitely check out a few posts here on TSR, including FAQs and information on Clearing and contacting Universities if you're thinking 'this sounds like me'!

Remember: everyone's journey to University is different and no two journeys look the same. Clearing is a busy time for Universities and we understand this may not be an ideal choice for all, you may have worries, and are a bit stressed about getting everything in place for September. We are here to help you as well as we can so please be patient and we will all try our best to support each student coming through the process of Clearing! :cyber:

The biggest questions on your mind may be about Student Finance, or Accommodation, and getting everything ready.

If in doubt, call the Enquiries Team or general contact number for the Universities you are interested in through Clearing, or hold offers with, for a chat! Student Finance (England, Wales, Northern Ireland, or Scotland etc.) will have a contact centre and can help with queries over the phone too!:call2:

For Accommodation each University may have the best advice on their booking page, or on their FAQs Accommodation page on their main website, including contact details for the team. If you have booked Accommodation at a Uni that you are no longer going to join in September then there may be help requesting a refund for any deposits made, and also rooms still available and listed, on the Accommodation pages of each Uni's website.

Spoiler

I hope this has been helpful! If you would like to reach out to us here at DMU then we are happy to discuss any worries or queries with you:flower2:

Spoiler

- Rose, De Montfort University Rep.

Call us for a chat on 0116 257 7000
Or WhatsApp on 07970 655 800📱

Result day is as simple as the earlier report posted. Nothing to overthink
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending