The Student Room Group

A-level Religious Studies Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the A-level Religious Studies Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:
Hi, I'm flowersinmyhair and I've just finished my first week of Year 13!!
What exam board are you with? I am with OCR
What do you enjoy most about the subject? I like debating and writing about how wrong different scholars are about things
What do you struggle with the most? I find Christianity quite hard to write a balanced (ish) argument
hi! I'm with OCR, RS is one of my favourite subjects and I'm fairly confident in understanding the majority of topics but my issue is remembering scholars, dates, and their research papers/books
Original post by confuseddork
hi! I'm with OCR, RS is one of my favourite subjects and I'm fairly confident in understanding the majority of topics but my issue is remembering scholars, dates, and their research papers/books

How do you find writing the essays?
Reply 4
HI
Original post by Emilia00
HI

what exam board are you doing?
Reply 6
hiiii!!

I'm Aine, and I am in my third week of year 13

My exam board is CCEA, and I love the ethics section of the course as I am fond of debating and pushing my argument persuasively. I don't particularly hate any part of the course, but I don't exactly love the Celtic Church section.
Reply 7
Original post by confuseddork

What dates do you mean?
Original post by st4r
What dates do you mean?

Probably dates of specific events, when things were said and published I would imagine
Reply 9
Original post by Pwca

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

OCR
Debates
Sources of Authority
Original post by kwakraon
OCR
Debates
Sources of Authority

I do OCR as well!
Original post by Pwca

hii, i do the OCR board and love the debating side of the course, however i struggle with making sure i include enough evaluation in my essays, as well as trying to memorise everything i need to
Original post by ghostpostsstuff
hii, i do the OCR board and love the debating side of the course, however i struggle with making sure i include enough evaluation in my essays, as well as trying to memorise everything i need to

What part of the course are you on at the moment?
I am doing Gender and Society, Meta-ethics and religious language
Original post by flowersinmyhair
What part of the course are you on at the moment?
I am doing Gender and Society, Meta-ethics and religious language

I'm doing mocks at the moment, so I don't know what we're doing next... although I'm pretty sure I've finished both the ethics and philosophy sides of the course. I haven't done Gender and Society yet, so I think that might be one of the next ones we do :smile:
Original post by ghostpostsstuff
I'm doing mocks at the moment, so I don't know what we're doing next... although I'm pretty sure I've finished both the ethics and philosophy sides of the course. I haven't done Gender and Society yet, so I think that might be one of the next ones we do :smile:

We're no where near done on philosophy because my philosophy teacher teaches very slowly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending