The Student Room Group

predicted grades

i know that I am capable of getting As as my average grade has been B throughout my first year of college and all the second years were telling me not to stress because teachers predict a grade higher than what you're getting as the theory behind it is that we'll improve withing that one year by a grade. A lot of the second years also told me how they were even getting Cs and Es and ended up with getting predicted As, i did **** in my mocks icl and i just checked my predicted grades and its B for history and chemistry and i don't understand how as my average has been B?i also want to do medicine in uni and i NEED As and ive worked so hard and i know the content but i stress a lot during the exam which causes me to **** up and i've applied for extra time/ special arrangements but won't get them until next year.

i feel like my predicted grades are not fair because i've asked around and this girl got predicted an A for chem and i "tutored" her for it and like I know the content and understand it but I get really nervous which has ****ed me up.

I genuinely dont know what to do now because medicine is the only thing i want to do and im so upset right now, i literally havent been able to sleep all week.

I've heard that we've got mocks in september so i'm hoping to prove i'm capable of getting an A then
Reply 1
Original post by Idk5677
i know that I am capable of getting As as my average grade has been B throughout my first year of college and all the second years were telling me not to stress because teachers predict a grade higher than what you're getting as the theory behind it is that we'll improve withing that one year by a grade. A lot of the second years also told me how they were even getting Cs and Es and ended up with getting predicted As, i did **** in my mocks icl and i just checked my predicted grades and its B for history and chemistry and i don't understand how as my average has been B?i also want to do medicine in uni and i NEED As and ive worked so hard and i know the content but i stress a lot during the exam which causes me to **** up and i've applied for extra time/ special arrangements but won't get them until next year.

i feel like my predicted grades are not fair because i've asked around and this girl got predicted an A for chem and i "tutored" her for it and like I know the content and understand it but I get really nervous which has ****ed me up.

I genuinely dont know what to do now because medicine is the only thing i want to do and im so upset right now, i literally havent been able to sleep all week.

I've heard that we've got mocks in september so i'm hoping to prove i'm capable of getting an A then

trigger warning / self harm
also i think i should be eligible for that realising opportunities programme but I didn't apply for it because I'm stubborn and don't like showing im struggling. But my homelife has been really **** and I didn't think it was affecting me but I had a panic attack the other day and ive had a lot of suicidal thoughts throughout the year which have factories into me ******* up and idk what to do now ihate myself for being so stubborn and stupid
Reply 2
I didnt meet the grades i wanted for my mocks. I just asked my teacher if i could get a higher predicted. One of them asked me to explain how I would achieve that grade and I just said i had created a timetable. Its pretty easier to get them put up if its 1 grade. If u need higher it might be a little harder but nothing crazy. Obv got different teachers and my mine were pretty chill.
Reply 3
Original post by JaCey04
I didnt meet the grades i wanted for my mocks. I just asked my teacher if i could get a higher predicted. One of them asked me to explain how I would achieve that grade and I just said i had created a timetable. Its pretty easier to get them put up if its 1 grade. If u need higher it might be a little harder but nothing crazy. Obv got different teachers and my mine were pretty chill.

yehh i only gonna ask for the grade above and thats it

Quick Reply

Latest