The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Thoughts on Glasgow Uni?

Hey!
I’ve got an offer for International Relations/ Sociology at Glasgow uni. I’m an international student (coming from Australia), and I was hoping to get some general opinions on the university and city as a whole? Is the city safe, are the people nice etc. Really anything would be appreciated :smile:
I did my MSc at the University of Glasgow and chose to remain in the city even after graduating. I loved my time at the university - it went by far too fast! The west end (where the main Gilmorehill campus is situated) is a fantastic place for young people to live. You'll see students everywhere in the west end and it's very popular with international students. There are restaurants, bars, and cafés to fit everyone's tastes and vibe. There will be some dangers, as there are in every city, but it's generally a rather chill place. The city's tagline is "people make Glasgow" and it's very much true. There's a distinctive energy to the people in Glasgow!

If you've more specific questions, I can try to help with those.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 1582
I did my MSc at the University of Glasgow and chose to remain in the city even after graduating. I loved my time at the university - it went by far too fast! The west end (where the main Gilmorehill campus is situated) is a fantastic place for young people to live. You'll see students everywhere in the west end and it's very popular with international students. There are restaurants, bars, and cafés to fit everyone's tastes and vibe. There will be some dangers, as there are in every city, but it's generally a rather chill place. The city's tagline is "people make Glasgow" and it's very much true. There's a distinctive energy to the people in Glasgow!

If you've more specific questions, I can try to help with those.

I keep seeing that Glasgow’s a really dangerous city.. Do you think that claim has any substance or? I’m from melbourne so i’ve dealt with my fair share of questionable people but safety’s important ig ahah
Reply 3
It;s a wonderful city, very like Melbourne.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending