The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

kcl foundation years

what universities is KCL most likely to accept a pharmacology foundation year from? (to do a pharmacology course at their uni)
You’d generally be better off retaking/taking A levels than a foundation year. It’s generally cheaper and gives far more flexibility around universities and courses that you can apply to
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
i don't know which universities are likely to accept students with a pharmacology foundation year, but i would phone call or email the universities that you would be interested in attending and telling them your situation
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
You’d generally be better off retaking/taking A levels than a foundation year. It’s generally cheaper and gives far more flexibility around universities and courses that you can apply to

but the thing is kcl doesn’t accept sixth form resitters i’m pretty sure
Reply 4
Original post by beautifulworld
i don't know which universities are likely to accept students with a pharmacology foundation year, but i would phone call or email the universities that you would be interested in attending and telling them your situation

it’s said that KCL would, but only from certain as in its a case by case basis, and that apparently even if you do get good grades they still have the right to decline you because your course doesn’t comply or maybe isn’t the right fit for KCL.
Original post by anon.47
but the thing is kcl doesn’t accept sixth form resitters i’m pretty sure

They consider foundation years the same as resits https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/how-to-apply/entry-requirements

accepted but likely to be at a disadvantage compared to those who met the requirements at first attempt.
Based on this: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/pharmacology-bsc

Non-freestanding FYs aren’t accepted (so that’s pretty much all of them)

A level resits are accepted
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
Based on this: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/pharmacology-bsc

Non-freestanding FYs aren’t accepted (so that’s pretty much all of them)

A level resits are accepted

thank you for your help so far, you seem knowledgeable on this stuff so i wanted to ask if you could help me,

I haven’t done so well in my AS level for two of my subjects however i still want to study pharmacology as i feel like i could do better with just some more time, my sixthform has been pretty absent throughout my education, and i don’t have anyone in my family who can help me out cause they don’t really care, so i’m a bit lost on what the options are,

i know that i still have the opportunity to do better in september mocks, i also may be able to take a foundation course then switch unis but like you said i’d be at a disadvantage, or i could do a gap year, but i need to check with the sixthform team if they’d actually reply to my emails if i’ll even be able to apply twice.

my biology teacher said she’s going to predict me a D which i don’t really agree with but she’s pretty keen on keeping my result that way, i may try and beg her to get it up to atleast a C, but she scares me a little.
My chemistry teacher is yet to give me grade back but i know i didn’t do all that well
My economics i scored 31/50 for paper 1 and 28/40 for paper 2, again i have no clue how he’ll be grading these, i have only recently started getting better at economics before i used to do badly in my tests as chemistry and biology were my stronger points, so i think he’ll be taking that into account, which again i don’t really agree with😭 cause i am actually getting better it just took me some time not every excels at the same rate, but yeah

so, is there honestly anything i can do to get into pharmacology in a good uni ?
Original post by anon.47
it’s said that KCL would, but only from certain as in its a case by case basis, and that apparently even if you do get good grades they still have the right to decline you because your course doesn’t comply or maybe isn’t the right fit for KCL.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest