The Student Room Group

Oxbridge

Hi,
I'm in year 11 and i really want to go to oxford/Cambridge.
I'm a bit confused about super curriculars, how do i sign up for Oxbridge specific super curriculars? and what exactly are super curriculars?
im quite confused
thanks in advance
Original post by yellowrubberduck
Hi,
I'm a bit confused about super curriculars, how do i sign up for Oxbridge specific super curriculars? and what exactly are super curriculars?
im quite confused
thanks in advance

Super-curriculars are academic (or at least learning) activities outside of the school curriculum.

That could be reading a relevant book or article, watching a TED talk, listening to a pod cast, doing a MOOC, etc. Anything which furthers your knowledge of your target subject over and above what's taught in school / college.
Hi,
im quite confused
thanks in advance

First and foremost, what course are you looking at?

Secondly, take a look at this for inspiration: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/super-curricular_suggestions.pdf
Hi,
im quite confused
thanks in advance

Which degree subjects have you decided to pursue further research into for Oxbridge? 🙂
Original post by TypicalNerd
First and foremost, what course are you looking at?

Secondly, take a look at this for inspiration: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/super-curricular_suggestions.pdf

engineering or medicine (i haven't decided)
Original post by thegeek888
Which degree subjects have you decided to pursue further research into for Oxbridge? 🙂

i haven't yet quite made a decision between engineering or medicine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending