The Student Room Group

Lost Joy: Navigating Emptiness and Seeking Happiness

A few years ago, I noticed that I no longer felt excited about the things that used to bring me joy. Initially, I didn't think much of it and assumed it was just a passing phase. However, as time went on, this lack of excitement became more pronounced and persistent. Many of the hobbies I once loved no longer bring me pleasure. In an effort to find happiness again, I try to socialize with friends, hoping it will help improve my mood. Unfortunately, even those activities feel dull, uninteresting, and draining. I'm unable to experience emotions like sadness or happiness anymore. Instead, I mostly feel stressed, anxious, and empty. Sometimes, I listen to sad music, hoping it will evoke some kind of emotional response, but it doesn't have any effect. Additionally, when people ask me questions about life or anything else, I struggle to come up with answers or think clearly.

I would take a visit to your GP just to check you out.

Otherwise remember as we grow our interest change and things we used to enjoy we get bored with. Try exploring new things like sports, hobbies, art, music. Are you being drawn to a new hobby or places or things - as long as it’s legal, try it out with access sessions.

Also when we are very stressed it can effect us - try relaxing even meditation, just chilling for a bit.

Sometimes when things are changing in our lives there is a transitional phase just as the old doors are closing and the new opening.

Quick Reply

Latest