The Student Room Group

My future

I got my gcse results back and wasn’t happy with my bio and chem as I wanted to take them for alevel so am planing to retake them and take them for alevel the year after
I would like to study pharmacy and my question is that would universities accept gcse retake. If so can you let me know which ones and if not can I get advice on what I can do
Original post by Favprettyone
I got my gcse results back and wasn’t happy with my bio and chem as I wanted to take them for alevel so am planing to retake them and take them for alevel the year after
I would like to study pharmacy and my question is that would universities accept gcse retake. If so can you let me know which ones and if not can I get advice on what I can do

You dont need them to study pharmacy. You can do the foundation year pharmacy course
https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2023/07958/mpharm-pharmacy-with-a-foundation-year/entry-requirements/#course-profile

We require grades DDC - BBC including Chemistry and Maths and/or Biology plus one further rigorous academic subject (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking). You will also need to meet the widening participation selection criteria detailed on our application process page (`How your application is considered').

We also consider students who have obtained A-levels (or equivalent) at standard entry grades (ABB-AAB), but in subjects inappropriate for direct admission to the MPharm degree. A grade 5 (B) in English Language and Mathematics in GCSE or equivalent will also be required. We will accept C+ in the Northern Ireland reformed GCSE. In this case applicants will NOT need to meet our widening participation selection criteria.

So you have a 5 in english and maths?
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
You dont need them to study pharmacy. You can do the foundation year pharmacy course
https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2023/07958/mpharm-pharmacy-with-a-foundation-year/entry-requirements/#course-profile

We require grades DDC - BBC including Chemistry and Maths and/or Biology plus one further rigorous academic subject (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking). You will also need to meet the widening participation selection criteria detailed on our application process page (`How your application is considered').

We also consider students who have obtained A-levels (or equivalent) at standard entry grades (ABB-AAB), but in subjects inappropriate for direct admission to the MPharm degree. A grade 5 (B) in English Language and Mathematics in GCSE or equivalent will also be required. We will accept C+ in the Northern Ireland reformed GCSE. In this case applicants will NOT need to meet our widening participation selection criteria.

So you have a 5 in english and maths?

I got 5 in maths and 6 in English

Quick Reply

Latest