The Student Room Group

UCAT

I'm severely stressing on the Verbal Reasoning in the UCAT, I believe that no matter how hard I do "practise questions" I won't get better. Will I be able to still secure a decently high score say hypothetically I do very well in the other parts (DM, SJT etc.)?
Reply 1
Original post by Akhiii
I'm severely stressing on the Verbal Reasoning in the UCAT, I believe that no matter how hard I do "practise questions" I won't get better. Will I be able to still secure a decently high score say hypothetically I do very well in the other parts (DM, SJT etc.)?

yeh i was the same. I got 590 first time and 570 the other u just have to overcompensate in other areas. The time i got 590 my total was 2710 and when i got 570 total was 2800
Reply 2
VR traditionally is the section in which candidates tend to score the lowest at. These are the UCAT ANZ stats (bit higher than UKCAT stats but they provide a better analysis) -
afdv;lkjckv.png
Verbal reasoning is what I like to call a relatively low-yield section. Whilst you can improve over time with lots and lots of practice (in VR), if this time were spent on other sections (such as QR and AR), you'd see a greater increase in your overall scores. My VR score was also the lowest of all, so I would focus more (not none) time on other sections if you find yourself stuck or burnt out at VR. Hope this helps!

*Also I must add and say that different VR techniques work for different people, for instance, my method was different to all of the advice that I was given, so if you were to find your own "method" then that's when I'd say you'll finally see your desired increase in grades.

Quick Reply

Latest