The Student Room Group

Personal statement

How would you recommend starting a personal statement and making it flow like talking about extra curriculars and explaining them ? because I’m not sure how to word it. I’m applying for business management with German and also don’t know the balance of writing about both sides
Reply 1
Send me a private message, cause I have quite a lot of resources on how to write the ps, and how to intergrate stuff like extracurriculars, and multiple subjects if ur doing smth like business and german
Original post by Olivia3245
How would you recommend starting a personal statement and making it flow like talking about extra curriculars and explaining them ? because I’m not sure how to word it. I’m applying for business management with German and also don’t know the balance of writing about both sides

Generally, the bulk of your P.S. should be about your subject, what interests you, what you've done and what you've taken away from those things/what it's taught you about being a Business/German student. Extra curriculars can come at the end, and can be short sentences explaining what you've done, a skill it's developed and how that's useful to a university student i.e. learning to play an instrument has nurtured your ability to master difficult concepts from scratch, and has taught me...

Hope that makes sense!
Jake
Year 3, BSc Mathematics with Physics
Heriot-Watt University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending