The Student Room Group

Failing an apprenticeship

I have come to the of my level 3 beauty apprenticeship I just need to do my exams known as EPA.
But the problem is I cannot do my exams before I don’t pass my level 2 functional skills maths.
I have sat it 3 times 4 time it will be ! Hopefully I pass this time. But I think I have given up on it I’ve worked really hard but can not seem to pass it !. I’ve been told I can do a paper one but won’t make a difference I think . Because if I don’t pass paper version the apprenticeship unsuccessful either way …. Quite sad really for me emotional. The really worry is losing employment at 23 years never not been doing nothing ….. but I’m stuck between loan or self fund fast track level 3 beauty WHERE I DONT NEED MATHS LUCKILY! it’s a shame all my hard gone to waste. But not teqnically because I can use my course work and knowledge. BUT ITS A WASTE OF 18 months of apprenticeship. I’ve nearly fallen into thin ice now………. I hope by writing so I can find someone with the same problem ???
You could try to watch some maths GCSE videos on YouTube such as the GCSE maths tutor, cognito, unjaded jade, smile with sola, Mr mahmud, primrose kitten ect and try different past exam questions to see if you can answer them without a mark scheme then mark them with the mark scheme to see what you need to revise more of. Try some different revision methods as that may help. You can find information of different revision methods on YouTube. Also if you tell your maths teacher you're struggling they may offer you extra help or you could ask other people resiting maths for help as I'm sure many are in the same position as you and would be happy to help. I hope this helps! Goodluck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending